Supports partnerships among employers, employer/employee associations, and community organizations to address identified labour market issues.
Amount awarded will vary depending on the project.
- Promote the creation of broad industry/community partnerships necessary to address labour market issues
- Assist local communities with the development of innovative strategies to prepare for future skills requirements and prevent skills shortages within new and emerging industries and organizations
- Plan for effective utilization of local human resources
- Develop and promote labour market intelligence
The Labour Market Partnerships program supports projects that:
- Address a labour market issue
- Include two or more partners, contributing financial or in-kind resources
- Are finite, with clear start and end dates
- Are not dependent upon future funding