- Non-repayable cost-sharing
- Focused on supporting R&D related internships
- Continuous intake
Mitacs Accelerate is a unique cost-shared R&D internship program which connects companies with Canadian universities’ research expertise (i.e. graduate students and postdoctoral fellows).
$15,000 for 4 month internship ($7,500 from partner organization and $7,500 from Mitacs) will be provided to the academic supervisor as a research grant. It is required that the intern receive a stipend of a minimum $10,000 of the total grant per 4-month internship.
Funds are limited to supporting the direct costs of research as directed by NSERC.
The partner organization can be:
- Canadian for-profit companies
- Canadian business location of a foreign-owned for-profit company or any eligible intern-owned start-ups at approved incubators.
- Companies with research and development issues, in any fields or disciplines
Interns must be a current student or recent graduate from Canada or a select Mitacs partner country. They may be from any academic discipline and must be over the age of 18.
Mitacs Accelerate offers continuous intake.