- Non-repayable contribution
- Focused on providing student with work opportunities and supporting business growth
- Permanent program with yearly intake
The Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Digital program is part of ICTC’s programming to enable Canadian employers’ access to skilled talent to promote innovation and productivity in the ICT sector. WIL Digital provides funding to hire post-secondary students to develop talent in ICT, support businesses and increase digital adoption in Canada.
WIL is a wage subsidy, covering 50% of a student’s salary up to $5000, or 70% up to $7000 for underrepresented students.
Wages for a student from a STEM (science, technology, engineering or math), Business, Arts, Humanities, or Social Science program within a publicly funded Canadian Post-Secondary Educational Institution hired as an employee (contractors are not eligible). The position must offer the students with an opportunity to advance their skills and employment readiness.
To be eligible, employers must:
- Be registered and operate in Canada
- Have general liability insurance
- Comply with Human Rights and Labor legislation, regulations and laws.
- Apply for the incentive before hiring the student
- Offer a work placement which uses technology in some capacity
- Not use the incentive to hire a student to replace existing staff, staff on lay-off or staff in a labor dispute.
Students hired using the grant must:
- Have domestic status
- Be enrolled in a program at a Canadian accredited post-secondary institution during the work placement period
ICTC Will Digital is a permanent initiative which runs yearly.