FedNor supports youth internships to promote youth employment while assisting small businesses in their operations.
50% of salary, benefit, and training costs up to $27,500 for hiring recent post-secondary grads in a full-time position for up to 12 months.
Funding covers salary, employee benefits, training costs, and related travel expenditures.
Company must be situated in Northern Ontario, and have fewer than 500 employees, and be able to provide the most recent year-end financial statements. Candidates being considered for a youth internship must:
- Be unemployed or underemployed youth (persons aged 30 and under);
- Have graduated within the last three years with a degree, diploma or certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Have not previously participated as a youth intern in FedNor’s Northern Ontario Development Program or in any other federal or provincial internship program with pay for a period of six months or more; and
- Not be related to the directors, officers or managers of the organization.