The Ontario government is expanding employment opportunities to help employers find the skilled workers they need and to help young people gain job skills and experience. Employers will receive incentives to help cover the cost of wages and training for new hires when they provide a job placement of four to six months.
Employers can receive up to $6,800 to offset training and wage costs linked with a job placement.
Training and wage costs.
To be eligible for hiring incentive funding, you must:
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario
- Be compliant with legislation (health and safety, employment standards, etc.)
- Provide job placements of four to six months in Ontario, and be covered by safety insurance
- Provide job placements that do not displace current or laid-off employees.
Apprentices must be:
- Between 15 and 29 years of age
- Not attending school full-time and a resident of Ontario.