The Investment Accelerator Fund (IAF) helps accelerate the growth of new technology companies being established in Ontario and positions them for further investment by angels and venture capitalists.
The IAF invests up to $500,000 in early stage companies with no significant revenue or institutional investment.
- Recruitment of team members
- Business development
- Product, process or service development towards market entry
- Implementation of a defined marketing or distribution strategy
Eligible company that possesses the following attributes:
- A total addressable market of at least $20 million and a viable plan to penetrate it;
- Defensible intellectual property and/or a sustainable competitive advantage; and
- The company is incorporated (or will be incorporated by the time of investment) under the Business Corporations Act or the Canada Business Corporations Act.
- The company is formed to commercially exploit intellectual property to which it has the unencumbered legal right to use.
- The company pays 50% or more of its wages, salaries and fees to employees and contractors in Ontario.
- The company has total revenue of less than $500,000 from the time of its incorporation until the time of investment by the IAF
- The value of the total tangible assets of the company does not exceed $500,000