- Non-repayable and repayable contributions
- Focused on diversifying local economies in southern Ontario
- Continuous intake
The Community Economic Development and Diversification stream of the FedDev Ontario program helps to develop and diversify local economies by promoting small business development, community innovation, and collaboration.
The fund can provide contributions from $250,000 up to $5 million per project for up to 50% of eligible and supported project costs, although exceptional not-for-profit groups may receive reimbursements of up to 100% of project costs. Contributions towards for-profit groups are repayable, and non-repayable for not-for-profit organizations.
Funding is available for labour, expertise, non-capital, and capital expenses for the following activities:
- Facilities improvement or expansion to support greater economic diversification
- Adoption of new equipment
- Market development, diversification, and expansion
- Can be a not-for-profit organization, or a legally incorporated business
- Must be located in southern Ontario
- Must provide evidence of project funding
- Must demonstrate the capacity to complete the project and repay the contribution
- Must have sufficient managerial, technical and operational capacity to achieve the projects objectives
- Must have defined and addressable market/industry demand and proven potential for market growth
- Must demonstrate how project will be self-sustaining upon completion
FedDev Community Economic Development and Diversification offers continuous intake.