Technical and business advisory services, including grants and funding for up to 75% of Research and Development employee salaries. Priority: development and commercialization of innovative, technology-driven new or improved products, services, or processes in Canada
Contributions up to 75% or $1,000,000/year for eligible activities, can only be applied to reimbursable costs. Regular project $250,000 max; Small (ARP) project $50,000 max; can extend to more than one year.
Contribution levels can be applied as follows:
- 80% salary of employees for hours logged
- 50% subcontractor costs
- 50% travel (small projects only)
Portion of salary and contractor costs associated with the project.
Activities: feasibility studies, small to large scale R&D using employees, students, contractors for product and development or productivity improvement; i.e. adaptation of existing technologies; R&D to advance unproven technologies; perform test model or pilot plant stage.
To be eligible the business must:
- Be a small or medium-sized enterprise in Canada, incorporated and profit-oriented
- Have 500 or less full-time equivalent employees
- Have the objective to grow and generate profits through development and commercialization of innovative, technology-driven new or improved products, services, or processes in Canada.