The Canada-Ontario Job Grant accepts applications on an ongoing basis for small, medium, and large businesses to support workforce training.
Employers can receive up to $10,000 to offset training costs at an eligible third-party trainer. Large employers with 100 or more employees must contribute half of the training costs, while smaller employers with fewer than 100 employees must contribute 1/6 of training costs.
Eligible expenditures include tuition and training fees, textbooks and required materials, mandatory student fees, and examination fees. Training must not exceed one year in duration.
To be eligible for funding, Canada Jobs Grant requires training to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer which has been in business and providing training for a minimum of two years. Eligible third-party trainers include:
- Colleges of applied arts and technology
- Publicly-assisted universities
- Publicly assisted Indigenous Institutes
- School boards
- Private trainers operating in compliance with the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
- Union-based training centres
- Product vendors