- Interest-free repayable contributions
- Focused on supporting business growth and adoption of innovative technologies
- Continuous intake
The Business Scale Up and Productivity stream of the FedDev Ontario program helps to accelerate the growth of firms and assist with the adoption of new, innovative technologies that support scale-up, productivity, and the development of and entry into new markets to help companies become globally competitive.
The fund can provide interest-free, repayable contributions from $500,000 up to $10 million per project for up to 35% of eligible and supported project costs.
Funding is available for the following activities:
- Demonstration of leading-edge technologies and/or processes
- Late-stage technology development for the purpose of entering new markets or expanding the technology for use in new applications.
- Commercialization/production of new products/services/processes.
- Acquisition, adaptation or adoption of leading-edge technologies to improve productivity and increase capacity (includes digitization, automation, etc.). Priority given to technologies that are first in the sector, Ontario or the world and/or made or developed in Canada and Ontario
- Building high performance teams or adopting best management practices, processes and systems to improve operational capacity
- Activities that support the development, expansion or diversification of markets.
This stream is aimed at companies which:
- Are Canadian or provincially incorporated businesses
- Have 65% of the project funding available to the project
- Demonstrate the capacity to complete the project and repay the contribution
- Have a minimum of five full time employees normally
- Have sufficient managerial, technical and operational capacity to achieve the projects objectives
- Have a clear plan with defined outcomes and cost estimates
- Have defined and addressable market/industry demand and proven potential for market growth
- Are high-growth (the program is not intended to support smaller startups and entrepreneurs)
FedDev’s Business Scale Up and Productivity accepts applications on an ongoing basis.