Refundable tax credit for labour, marketing and distribution expenditures for the creation of interactive digital media products.
Refundable tax credit of 35 or 40% of qualifying labour and marketing & distribution expenditures; claimed when product development activities are complete/product is launched.
Direct development labour, marketing and distribution expenditures for the creation of interactive digital media products.
- Must be a Canadian corporation (that is Canadian or foreign-owned), that develops an eligible product
- Must be an interactive digital media product whose primary purpose is to educate, inform, or entertain, and that achieves its primary purpose by presenting information in at least two of: (i)text, (ii)sound and (iii) images. Types of interactive digital media products that may be eligible for the tax credit include but are not restricted to games, educational and informational products.
- All or substantially all of the product was developed in Ontario by the qualifying corporation
- The product is not used primarily for interpersonal communication
- The product is not used primarily to present or promote the qualifying corporation or any products they sell
Example of an OIDMTC Return
|Marketing and Distribution||$100,000|
|Total Qualified Expenditures||$500,000|
|Tax Credit (40%)||$200,000|