Repayable/recoupable financing for development/production/marketing of Interactive Digital Media products. The convergent stream encourages development of innovative, convergent television and digital media content; the experimental stream encourages development of innovative, interactive digital media content and applications.
Loans of up to $1 million. The convergent stream has a number of programs that span development, production and versioning projects. The experimental stream has three phases:
Development: up to $500,000 repayable advance
Production: up to $1M recoupable investment
Marketing & promotion: up to $500,000 recoupable advance
Eligible expenditures under the experimental stream can include:
- Research and preparation of content;
- Salaries and benefits/wages/contracts for project teams;
- Technology infrastructure;
- Expenses to put content online, including copyright clearance, documentation, design and development, translation costs;
- Travel and accommodation;
- Project audit fees;
- Marketing and promotion.
Eligible companies will be for-profit, Canadian-controlled Canadian corporations with a head office based in Canada OR A Canadian broadcaster, public or private, that is licensed to operate as such by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).