- Refundable tax credit
- Focused on supporting computer animation and special effects
- Accepts applications quarterly
Invest Nova Scotia and its Board of Directors provide funding for projects that show long term benefits to an entire sector in Nova Scotia. The program seeks proposals for projects that foster collaboration across sectors and regions, and advance the goals of the One Nova Scotia Coalition.
Funding per project ranges from $250,000-$3M, in the form of non-repayable contributions.
Funding can be used to support initiatives that drive sector development, economic diversification, workforce competitiveness, applied research and development, and pilot projects. Ineligible expenses include core funding.
The project must:
- Be a collaboration between cross-sector partners, including at least one non-profit entity.
- Have a collective benefit, meaning multiple companies and the entire industry must benefit from the results of the project
- Have a strong business plan and quantifiable metrics for success
- Have long lasting impacts on a sector or industry within Nova Scotia
Eligible applicants include:
- Sector organizations
- Social enterprises
- Academic institutions
- Industry associations
Invest Nova Scotia accepts applications quarterly.