The DAVE Tax Credit Program provides refundable tax credits on a corporation’s digital animation or visual effects activities that qualify for the basic film and television tax credit or the production services tax credit.
The DAVE Tax Credit Program includes two tax credits:
- DAVE tax credit (Film and Television Tax Credit Program), and
- DAVE production services tax credit (Production Services Tax Credit Program).
The DAVE tax credit rate and the DAVE production services tax credit rate are equal to 17.5%.
Labour expenditures directly attributable to DAVE activities.
- Production is eligible for, and your corporation has claimed, the basic film and television tax credit and the basic production services tax credit
- Principal photography of the production begins after March 31, 2003
- Production consists of DAVE activities as discussed below
- DAVE activities are created primarily with digital technology
- DAVE expenditure is a BC labour expenditure incurred after December 31, 2002.