Canada Media Fund (CMF)
Description: Repayable/recoupable financing for development/production/marketing of Interactive Digital Media products. The convergent stream encourages development of innovative, convergent television and digital media content; the experimental stream encourages development of innovative, interactive digital media content and applications.
Funding Details: Loans of up to $1 million. The convergent stream has a number of programs that span development, production and versioning projects. The experimental stream has three phases:
Development: up to $500,000 repayable advance
Production: up to $1M recoupable investment
Marketing & promotion: up to $500,000 recoupable advance
Eligible Expenditures: Eligible expenditures under the experimental stream can include:
- Research and preparation of content;
- Salaries and benefits/wages/contracts for project teams;
- Technology infrastructure;
- Expenses to put content online, including copyright clearance, documentation, design and development, translation costs;
- Travel and accommodation;
- Project audit fees;
- Marketing and promotion.
Eligibility Requirements: Eligible companies will be for-profit, Canadian-controlled Canadian corporations with a head office based in Canada
OR A Canadian broadcaster, public or private, that is licensed to operate as such by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).
How NorthBridge Will Assist With CMF and Other Funding Programs
NorthBridge has over 20 years of experience assisting companies with government funding programs. We will:
- Listen and discuss past, present and future project activities.
- Research and identify the appropriate and optimal government grant, tax incentive, loans, as well as private financing opportunities.
- Take a hands-on approach to the application process and address relevant program objectives and criteria.
- Become an in-house project manager for all types of government funding.
- Interview the key employees and ask specific questions in order to make the right funding decisions.
- Assist in writing the application and preparing all supporting documentation.
- Assist with government reporting requirements.
To arrange for a free, no obligation consultation with one of our government funding experts contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org