Regional Career Focus
Description: Career Focus is a program that provides funding for employers and organizations to create career-related work experiences for post-secondary graduates.
Funding Details: Eligible funding applicants include:
- Businesses and organizations (including not-for-profit);
- Public health and educational institutions, municipal governments.
The maximum cost per participant is $20,000 per project.
Eligible Expenditures: Costs such as:
- Income support to participants (wages) based on the prevailing wage rate;
- Overhead costs including wages and MERCs for staff, licenses, permits, fees for professional services, bank charges, utilities, etc.;
- Support to participants which may include all or a portion of the incremental costs of participation;
- The costs associated with the workers' compensation.
Eligibility Requirements: To participate in Career Focus, youth must be:
- Between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of intake/selection;
- Post-secondary graduates and out of school;
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada;
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations; and
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits.
How NorthBridge Will Assist With the Regional Career Focus program and Other Funding Programs
NorthBridge has over 20 years of experience assisting companies with government funding programs. We will:
- Listen and discuss past, present and future project activities.
- Research and identify the appropriate and optimal government grant, tax incentive, loans, as well as private financing opportunities.
- Take a hands-on approach to the application process and address relevant program objectives and criteria.
- Become an in-house project manager for all types of government funding.
- Interview the key employees and ask specific questions in order to make the right funding decisions.
- Assist in writing the application and preparing all supporting documentation.
- Assist with government reporting requirements.
To arrange for a free, no obligation consultation with one of our government funding experts contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org