- Non-repayable matching funding
- Focused on supporting agricultural sector
- Provides annual intake
The SmartGrowth Program, provided through Bioenterprise, funds innovative southern Ontario-based companies in agriculture, agri-food and agri-tech sectors. Funding is available to help scale-up and expansion projects with innovative technologies that will accelerate their growth and profitability, and further strengthen the agri-technology sector in southern Ontario.
The program will provide non-repayable funding up to $100,000 for 40% of total project costs.
The program will fund activities related to:
- Product demonstration or pilots
- Intellectual property protection (filing/office fees are not eligible)
- Regulatory compliance
- Other commercialization costs
- Be incorporated in Canada with headquarters in southern Ontario
- Be for-profit
- Have less than 500 employees
- Have raised a minimum of $200,000 in working capital (including a minimum of $100,000 in annual sales revenue)
- Operate in the food and agri-tech sector and provide a benefit to the local and provincial agriculture community
- Be adapting or adopting a highly innovative agri-technology prototype that is at the demonstration stage
SmartGrowth offers an annual intake.