Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
This is a work from home position that may require in-person client meetings.
NorthBridge Consultants assists small- and medium-sized businesses to obtain access to government funding programs (SR&ED and Government Grants). We seek a Technical Writer to assist our team of Engineers and Specialists with creating grant applications and technical narratives for tax credit applications. The technical writer will develop and refine written communications, narratives, business plans and documentation for government funding applications.
Hours are typically 8 am – 5 pm, with flex hours available after probationary period. In some cases, due to multiple competing deadlines, extended hours may be required.
Primary Job Responsibilities include:
- Communicate with engineering team and clients to gather and analyze information.
- Gather and research technical information in various science and engineering fields.
- Coordinate, edit and write narratives, project documents and forms.
- Build project timelines and other necessary support information.
- Assemble documentation required to fulfill government requirements.
The successful candidate should have the following skills/interests:
- A passion for technical writing.
- Keen interest in and understanding of science, technology, or manufacturing.
- Ability, patience, and persistence to create, edit and organize technical documentation.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to grasp new concepts.
- Attention to detail.
- Skilled in time management.
Job Requirements include:
- Education in a field Writing/Journalism, Communications, English studies, or another related field with significant (3+ years) exposure to a field of science, engineering, or manufacturing
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English (French is considered an asset).
- Experience with SR&ED or Government Grants is a definite asset, but not required.
- Ability to work from home in a dedicated office space.
- Ability to travel with access to a vehicle (little to no travel under current circumstances).
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume by e-mail to email@example.com
Only applicants who submit a cover letter will be considered.