The Ontario Exporters Fund has been established to assist small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to become export ready and help them gain/increase access to international export markets by hiring an Export Manager for a minimum of a 24 month period.
50% of eligible salaries, wages and benefits as provided through the payroll statement, up to a maximum of $40,000 per year for two years maximum.
Eligible costs include only the salary associated with hiring the Export Manager. Any additional expenses incurred throughout the development and implementation of the international business plan are not eligible.
- With a minimum of 5 employees to a maximum of 500 employees
- Registered company (federally or provincially) for a minimum of two years
- Be in one of the following priority sectors of the Ministry of Economic Development and Innovation:Advanced Manufacturing, Aerospace, Building Products and Construction, Clean Technology, Exportable Professional Services, ICT including Digital Media, Life Sciences
- Have between $1 million and $20 million in sales
- Have exports sales ranging from 10% to 50% of total annual sales internationally or outside of the U.S.