To promote industry competitiveness in domestic and export markets, Market Development will provide funding through an application process to support industry-led efforts that:
- Expand key export and domestic markets;
- Increase capacity to respond to consumer preferences and emerging food trends; and
- Promote awareness and increase sales of Canadian products.
Maximum of $50,000 per year (50% of total eligible costs such as administration, salaries/benefits, contracted services, travel, capital costs and other direct project costs)
Development and implementation of market development and branding strategies, industry-wide branding, promotion and advertising including in-store and food service promotions, incoming, outgoing and exploratory missions, trade fairs/shows,market research, technical training for buyers about Canadian products and product handling, industry-to-industry trade advocacy, technical support services, export capacity building.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be legal entities capable of entering into a legally binding agreement.
- Small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)