This is a work from home position that may require in-person client meetings.
Is being tied down to a lab or plant not for you? If you enjoy learning about new technologies and working with a driven group of professionals, NorthBridge Consultants, a Technology Advisory Firm specializing in SR&ED (Scientific Research and Experimental Development) and Government Funding consultation firm, is currently looking to fill the full-time position of SR&ED Specialist: Information and Communications Technologies in Cambridge, Ontario.
Following a period of on-the-job training, you will be working with a team of analysts and technical writers on a portfolio of established and early stage clients in various industries. The initial working period of 6 to 12 months will focus on developing your technical writing skills and gaining a more thorough understanding of the SR&ED program (and others, as applicable). Following this, you will transition to an account manager position which involves working closely with our technical writing team to develop technical reports and financial claims, as well as investigate/organize client documentation based on the projects identified for submission to the CRA. As an account manager, you will interview technical staff and assess the eligibility of your client’s projects for the SR&ED program, learning about their technological work, challenges, and advancements.
Hours are typically 8 am – 5 pm, with a 4.5 day work week and flex hours available after the probationary period. In some cases, due to multiple competing deadlines, extended hours may be required. This position is intended to eventually progress to a position of account management level where you will manage a portfolio of your own clients.
Job Responsibilities in first 6-12 months include:
- Communicate with engineering team and clients to gather and analyze information.
- Gather and research technical information in various science and engineering fields.
- Coordinate, edit and write narratives, project documents and forms.
- Assemble documentation required to fulfill government requirements.
Job Responsibilities after 12 months include:
- Meeting with clients to determine eligible projects for the SR&ED program.
- Collecting and compiling relevant documentation, financial summaries, and other relevant information for eligible projects.
- Preparing financial/technical reports and descriptions of research and development activities.
- Working with client to develop and simplify internal tracking and reporting processes; and
- Representing clients during SR&ED claim reviews with the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA).
- Develop and strengthen client relationships.
- Provide input on company strategies related to efficiencies, client engagement, quality control, etc.
The successful candidate should have the following skills/interests:
- Strong interest in and comprehension of various fields of computer science and technology.
- Attention to detail and skilled in time management especially under multiple competing deadlines.
- Aptitude for scientific research and analysis of new technologies/processes to allow for clear positioning to meet program requirements.
- Ability to adapt to different types of people and build strong relationships. Must be a people person!
Job Requirements include:
- An undergraduate and/or graduate science degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of hands-on work experience at a technology firm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken) with fluency in English (French is considered an asset).
- Experience with patents and the drafting of patents is a definite asset.
- Experience with SR&ED or Government Grants is a definite asset, but not required.
- Ability to work from home in a dedicated office space.
- Ability to travel with access to a vehicle (little to no travel under current circumstances).
If you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling opportunity, in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment with a great team of professionals, with a competitive base salary and a benefits package, we want to hear from you!
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant will have to get up to speed quickly, and therefore we will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed below.
Apply by e-mail (with cover letter and resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants who submit a cover letter will be considered.