Southwestern and Eastern Ontario Development Fund (SWODF and EODF)
Description: The Southwestern Ontario Development Fund supports regional economic development by creating jobs, attracting private sector investment and promoting innovation, collaboration and cluster development in Southwestern Ontario.
Funding Details: Up to 15% of eligible project expenditures will be offered as a conditional grant to a maximum $1.5
million if project milestones and deliverables are met. For project investments of $10+ million that create 50+ jobs, funding may be available in the form of a secured repayable loan, to a maximum of $5 million in provincial support.
Eligible Expenditures: Eligible projects involve investment in existing operations to improve competitiveness, productivity and pursue new markets or business expansions involving the introduction of new products or services, e.g., infrastructure, project facility modifications/upgrades, equipment and machinery, one time internal labour, one time material, specialized expertise, skills training, project-related permits or fees.
Eligibility Requirements: Eligible businesses meet the following criteria:
- For profit companies, registered to carry out business in Ontario
- Located in an eligible region in Southwestern Ontario
- Minimum 10 employees
- Minimum 3 years operating experience; able to provide 3 years of financial statements
- Planning a multi-year project that involves a minimum investment of $500,000 in eligible project costs
- If your firm has 20 or more employees at the time of application, your project must result in the creation of at least 10 net new full-time job equivalents by the end of the project.
How NorthBridge Will Assist With SWODF, EODF and Other Funding Programs
NorthBridge has over 20 years of experience assisting companies with government funding programs. We will:
- Listen and discuss past, present and future project activities.
- Research and identify the appropriate and optimal government grant, tax incentive, loans, as well as private financing opportunities.
- Take a hands-on approach to the application process and address relevant program objectives and criteria.
- Become an in-house project manager for all types of government funding.
- Interview the key employees and ask specific questions in order to make the right funding decisions.
- Assist in writing the application and preparing all supporting documentation.
- Assist with government reporting requirements.
To arrange for a free, no obligation consultation with one of our government funding experts contact us at: email@example.com