National Research Council - Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP)
Description: Technical and business advisory services, including grants and funding for up to 75% of Research and Development employee salaries. Priority: development and commercialization of innovative, technology-driven new or improved products, services, or processes in Canada
Funding Details: Contributions up to 75% or $1,000,000/year for eligible activities, can only be applied to reimbursable costs. Regular project $250,000 max; Small (ARP) project $50,000 max; can extend to more than one year.
Contribution levels can be applied as follows:
- 80% salary of employees for hours logged
- 50% subcontractor costs
- 50% travel (small projects only)
Eligible Expenditures: Portion of salary and contractor costs associated with the project.
Activities: feasibility studies, small to large scale R&D using employees, students, contractors for product and development or productivity improvement; i.e. adaptation of existing technologies; R&D to advance unproven technologies; perform test model or pilot plant stage.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible the business must:
- Be a small or medium-sized enterprise in Canada, incorporated and profit-oriented;
- Have 500 or less full-time equivalent employees;
- Have the objective to grow and generate profits through development and commercialization of innovative, technology-driven new or improved products, services, or processes in Canada.
How NorthBridge Will Assist With NRC-IRAP and Other Funding Programs
NorthBridge has over 20 years of experience assisting companies with government funding programs. We will:
- Listen and discuss past, present and future project activities.
- Research and identify the appropriate and optimal government grant, tax incentive, loans, as well as private financing opportunities.
- Take a hands-on approach to the application process and address relevant program objectives and criteria.
- Become an in-house project manager for all types of government funding.
- Interview the key employees and ask specific questions in order to make the right funding decisions.
- Assist in writing the application and preparing all supporting documentation.
- Assist with government reporting requirements.
To arrange for a free, no obligation consultation with one of our government funding experts contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org