MaRS Investment Accelerator Fund (IAF)
Description: The Investment Accelerator Fund (IAF) helps accelerate the growth of new technology companies being established in Ontario and positions them for further investment by angels and venture capitalists.
Funding Details: The IAF invests up to $500,000 in early stage companies with no significant revenue or institutional investment.
- Recruitment of team members
- Business development
- Product, process or service development towards market entry
- Implementation of a defined marketing or distribution strategy
Eligibility Requirements: Eligible company that possesses the following attributes:
- A total addressable market of at least $20 million and a viable plan to penetrate it;
- Defensible intellectual property and/or a sustainable competitive advantage; and
- The company is incorporated (or will be incorporated by the time of investment) under the Business Corporations Act or the Canada Business Corporations Act.
- The company is formed to commercially exploit intellectual property to which it has the unencumbered legal right to use.
- The company pays 50% or more of its wages, salaries and fees to employees and contractors in Ontario.
- The company has total revenue of less than $500,000 from the time of its incorporation until the time of investment by the IAF
- The value of the total tangible assets of the company does not exceed $500,000
How NorthBridge Will Assist With the MaRS Investment Accelerator Fund and Other Funding Programs
NorthBridge has over 20 years of experience assisting companies with government funding programs. We will:
- Listen and discuss past, present and future project activities.
- Research and identify the appropriate and optimal government grant, tax incentive, loans, as well as private financing opportunities.
- Take a hands-on approach to the application process and address relevant program objectives and criteria.
- Become an in-house project manager for all types of government funding.
- Interview the key employees and ask specific questions in order to make the right funding decisions.
- Assist in writing the application and preparing all supporting documentation.
- Assist with government reporting requirements.
To arrange for a free, no obligation consultation with one of our government funding experts contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org