Growing Forward 2 (GF2) is a comprehensive federal-provincial-territorial initiative aimed at encouraging innovation, competitiveness, market development, and the increase of industry capacity in Canada’s agri-food and agri-product sector. The Implementation grant funds the following types of projects for processors:
- Maximization of labour productivity.
- Accessing new and emerging markets, and retaining and expanding existing markets.
- Adoption of best business and leadership practices.
- Usage of energy, water, and other outputs efficiency.
- Adoption of assurance systems.
Up to 35% of eligible costs to a maximum of $350K.
- Costs of goods, services, supplies, and shipping/transportation costs;
- Incremental labour costs, land rental costs, equipment or machinery;
- Incremental costs for communication materials and travel;
- Costs for capital items directly related to project.
- Currently and actively engaged and directly involved with the processing, modification, and/or transformation of agricultural commodities, food, beverage, or agricultural-based dioproducts in Ontario;
- Must file business and/or farm income tax returns in Ontario;
- New agri-product processors, with less than 2 years of income tax filings, are NOT eligible for this funding.