Growing Forward 2 (GF2) is a comprehensive federal-provincial-territorial initiative aimed at encouraging innovation, competitiveness, market development, and the increase of industry capacity in Canada’s agri-food and agri-product sector. The Capacity Building grant funds the following types of projects for processors:
- Acquisition of knowledge through education and training opportunities, or transfer of knowledge or skills through advisors, specialists or mentors.
- Gathering of information, conducting analysis or assessment, and developing appropriate plans to inform decision making nad strengthen a food or agri-product business.
Up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $350K.
- Incremental costs of goods;
- Related shipping or transportation costs;
- Incremental labour costs;
- Incremental costs for rental of facilities;
- Incremental costs for communication materials, including design, printing translation.
- Currently and actively engaged and directly involved with the processing, modification, and/or transformation of agricultural commodities, food, beverage, or agricultural-based dioproducts in Ontario;
- Must file business and/or farm income tax returns in Ontario;
- New agri-product processors, with less than 2 years of income tax filings, are eligible for this funding.