Canada Jobs Grant
Description: On March 28, 2014, Ontario signed the Ontario Canada-Ontario Job Fund Agreement with the federal government, which will provide Ontario with $192 million per year for employer-led training for the next six years
Funding Details: Employers can receive up to $10,000 (up to one-third of costs) to offset training costs at an eligible third-party trainer.
Eligible Expenditures: Eligible expenditures include tuition and training fees, textbooks and required materials, mandatory student fees, and examination fees.
Eligibility Requirements: The company must be in compliance with all applicable federal and provincial legislation, have third party liability insurance coverage in the amount of $2 million, not be in receipt of other government funds for the same skills training for the same individual, train employees that live in Ontario, and not displace current or laid-off staff as a result of the training.
The training must be conducted at an eligible third-party trainer in Ontario. Eligible third-party trainers include:
Colleges of applied arts and technology
Private trainers operating in compliance with the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
Union-based training centres
How NorthBridge Will Assist With Canada Jobs Grant and Other Funding Programs
NorthBridge has over 20 years of experience assisting companies with government funding programs. We will:
- Listen and discuss past, present and future project activities.
- Research and identify the appropriate and optimal government grant, tax incentive, loans, as well as private financing opportunities.
- Take a hands-on approach to the application process and address relevant program objectives and criteria.
- Become an in-house project manager for all types of government funding.
- Interview the key employees and ask specific questions in order to make the right funding decisions.
- Assist in writing the application and preparing all supporting documentation.
- Assist with government reporting requirements.
To arrange for a free, no obligation consultation with one of our government funding experts contact us at: email@example.com